Pet Therapy Paradise Park | 215-799-2220
Julie Ann Allender, Ed.D | Psychologist, Sellersville, PA
Pet therapy has three different aspects to it:
- Pet therapy means when you come to therapy you will have an animal(s) present during the therapy session.
- Pet therapy means helping individuals through animal life cycle transitions similar to human life cycle transitions.
- Adoption of a new pet.
- The emotional issues of working with a problem pet.
- Making major decisions due to illnesses or injury.
- Grieving over a lost pet.
- Having to give up a special friend due to moving, illness or other reason.
- Introducing Pet Therapy into programs and organizations:
- Nursing homes
Sasha - Canine Good Citizen and Pet Therapy Certified